Challenge #613 (13/3/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #613 for Friday 20th of March 2015 is: Are you chicken?

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 23rd of March 2015.

Help? I just can’t make sense of the theme. It seems an idiomatic expression but can’t make it out positively.

Being Chicken, at least around my area, refers to being scared. For example, someone doesn’t want to do something and they get called chicken, saying they are a coward.

I am going to try for a McFly reference guys, wish me luck.

McFly? or maybe, McFry…

Exactly what I was thinking lol. Marty Mcfry: Chicken nugget with a touch of Marty

My first thoughts were to illustrate it as a cartoon strip?

‘chicken’ can also be a game of nerves. a test of bravery. like ‘who jumps out of the way of the moving train first’ type of thing.

Huh… being scared and childish games… both difficult to present. I’ll try my best.

Wonder what the others would come up with.

Possible place holder…

http://www.avidfish.com/stuff/o.i..png

n this one’s called O. I.

When I saw the topic for this Weekend Challenge, an old but famous and funny Internet meme came to mind:

Yes, This Is Dog

Here is my (admittedly odd and quickly made) non-competing entry inspired by that meme…

Yes, This Is Chicken…

Have a great weekend, everyone!

RobertT

@RobertT:

Why are your entries always non-competing? Do you usually use other 3D software?

Hi! Blender’s it. I’ve been a WC participant for a very long time.

Please see this link for my explanation.

RobertT

@RobertT, that’s hilarious!

ohh my god… after reading that @RobertT, once i closed it and got back to this site again, the collors felt messed up for a moment :confused:

anyone else felt it? read slowly through what RobertT poseted, and then go stright back to BlenderArtists. did the collors look wrong to you for a short time?

kind of like an optical illution… you know, when you stare at something with a high contrast, and look at a flat plane and blink, the image will apare on the wall for a short time.

deltaray: Thanks!

finalbarrage: I was just updating backgrounds at my site. Should look better now.

RobertT

well i think it was the strong blue collor that caused it :stuck_out_tongue:

@RobertT that’s great camera angle (and composition of cause!) I need to work on that myself I keep being too conservative, so much to learn!, my main image rendering at the moment just got to sort background but it’s close up of main so just generic mine is having some text as well this time coincidently :), only another hour or so to go, got slightly carried away with SSS and particle systems! I can’t actually believe I managed to to it this week I try and pick a new part of blender to learn each time as well as general composition which is my weakest bit, getting better at the more technical stuff was working on particle feathers this time, the hair system in blender is so awsome I didn’t realise you could use it with objects as well like a normal particle system and then style them like hair, really cool.

Pure entry. Rendered in Blender Internal. First time trying to make something like this, took me more than I thought it would. Also learnt something new.

Hope you like it!

I can sense a literal chicken theme developing I’ll be joining in soon as well :slight_smile: Did you use freestyle for the render? I was thinking about trying that out, looks good!