bounce angles are wrong.

I have a frictionless surface that a ball can move on. when the ball collides with objects, it doesn’t bounce the way you would expect. when moving in a strait line a wall with a 45 degree angle, the ball doesn’t bounce at a 45 degree angle.

example

controls: W,A,S,D for movement and CTRL for more speed.

the blue areas have friction and damping, and the white areas do not. I also set it up so that while on the white areas you can’t apply any force to the ball.

I’ve seen this type of issue, unfortunately, it seems to be a limitation in the BGE’s physics implementation.

However, with the help of the mathutils module and with some vector math, you can code a manual system that will apply force to the ball so it will bounce as you would expect (though it will take a bit of tweaking to make sure the ball doesn’t add to its speed with certain bounces).

It seems to be bouncing okay to me, as long as enough momentum is built up. It may not be a perfect 45 angle, but that’s because you have friction and angular momentum working against you. Even though the ice has no friction, the ball still does. And even though the ball is moving to the right, it’s still spinning downward, and pulling itself in that direction. Not to mention gravity is pulling it downward and slowing it, along with many other factors, I’m sure.

If you want ‘perfect’ physics, you need to create a fake physics system which is much more simplistic than a full-on physics engine.