Blender render grainy

When i render images using Blenders internal render, the outcome is always very grainy.

is there anyway to reduce the noise in the final render image using Blender render? I don’t know how Cycles work and the models i do are a bit too simple and low poly to be used in it.

EDIT:

Sorry for not putting example files here. I couldn’t do it at the time of posting this the first time.

But here we are now!

1. You can see the textures in the front/back models are grainy, while the one close to the camera is ok looking.

link to file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3vxTL1F4HfCUU5GckM5Y3ZkSm8/view?usp=sharing

1. here the shadows have a grainy textures. I lost the .blend file so i only have this image to show

Hi, we need a test file to look in to.

Cheers, mib

.Blend file or just a example image?

“It’s grainy” is not a lot to work with. Whenever asking questions, use images to help you explain what you mean and add a example .blend file for finding out what causes the problem and for producing visuals when reporting back. Don’t crop/scale the images and don’t omit the .blend. Instructions linked in my signature.

If you can’t share the model or textures for various reasons, then have to think a bit how to cut or replace them so that the problem is still visible and other settings remain.

Putting those up front whenever possible saves time and help to diagnose the problem itself, rather than dealing with a lot of questions back and forth because only one person can see and know what even the context is.

Environmental light makes grain in BI. I cant think of anything else.

As mentioned, environment lighting is the culprit, more specifically env/ao pass gets grain because of low gather samples. Increasing the samples fixes it

Render result after opening the file. Combined/AO

Result with 18 samples. Also changed the attenuation to 0.5 (means how far geometry can block the ambient light)

The textures weren’t packed in the .blend so that’s why those look different. Also bump the thread next time if you add files after posting. New reply puts it on top of the subforum, editing existing post keeps it in place.

Oh! i totally forgot to pack the textures. i’m so sorry!

But know now what i’m doing, thanks a lot JA12!