sculpt mode feature

Why there is know feature in sculpt mode to grab a whole piece of a mesh that i select?I would like to have that feature along with the ability to grab a peice of a mesh and pull it down.

grab tool located here:

Like the green torus shows in this picture.I would to pull down a whole piece of mesh at ounce.

You should be able to get a similar effect by changing the falloff on the grab tool.

How would I do that?

F = change brush radius
Shift+F = Change brush strength
Look in Curve panel to change brush falloff shape

For what I know, the drag brush is not designed for this purpose, whatever type of falloff you are using.

Actually I also feel the need for a different tool that allows such displacements, since the grab brush moves whatever vertex falls within the radius, also if it belongs to different surfaces of the same object (topologically distant), and since to move uniformly a number of vertices the radius must be very large.

paolo

That’s what object mode is for. Sculpt mode is not for moving whole objects, it is for changing the form of objects.

You are not understanding what we are saying.You need to read it again.Look at what sculptris has for an example.

Edit mode to move the selected mesh (shortcut G)
Object mode to move the selected object (Shortcut G)
Sculpt mode to sculpt on the mesh

You are allowed to use all three

The only alternative way to do what the PS is asking for is in edit mode by proportional edit; the very problem though is that in edit mode a dense mesh looks just a mess of points overlapping each other and this makes the editing very hard, to say nothing of the long delays and lags in moving.

paolo