Clive and tailball. Crits please!

Critiques and comments please!

Overall very good. I personaly would give him a better reaction when he bumps into the ball creature. Think if a dog just walked in front of you.

Hey nice. Looks fun and nicely blocked. Here’s are a few things to think about.
I would rotate the camera on z axis a bit. Looking at a character exactly side on, makes it look flat, in my opinion and it becomes difficult to get a nice silhouette.
About the shot, you can have the ball character come in late and fast like an excited dog. Its a choice between whether you want the us (Audience) to think

1. Now the dog is in the screen, anticipate that something is about to happen.
  2. something has happened, fr example, say if the dog enters quickly and rushes to the characters leg and the character has to react.

Regardless of the first acting beat choice you make, you can have the dog hop and circle him in excitement. The idea is to play the dog’s excitement against the guy’s casualness. The pickup of the stick can be faster, during which the dog gets way more excited and his exit could be faster too.

Hope it helps. Cheers

This is ok, but before getting into detail, I would suggest cutting out the first 250 frames. It serves no purpose, is boring for the viewer and jut doubles the work you have to do. Remember: this isn’t theater, your actors don’t have to walk on stage.

Tailball’s blocking looks fine
Clives poses are ok, but a little bland. I think you should have him facing the camera more. Remember your viewers. Also, make use of the shoulder controls.

Also, lose the tree.

Great crits. Thanks all. :slight_smile: I took them and applied them. I think this outcome is better. What do you think? Crits/comments welcome!

Use Blender’s ability to have the character throw the stick instead of animating it, as it may look more natural.

[video]https://youtu.be/4X9lQ264AFY[/video]