The Talon Blender Artwork Lighting Critique

Hi I am creating a new piece of artwork based of the character The Talon from the Batman comics. I’m mainly looking for critique in terms of lighting as this is the focus of this piece and that part of the artwork I’m most unsure of. Please be honest but make the criticism constructive. Tips for improving other parts of the scene or totally welcome. Thanks James

I can’t realy help with light as it’ probably the thing I’m worst at.

But as a felow light fighter, I can counsel you creative shrimp blog ( if this word still exist) that is mostly aiming at light in blender. Just in case you didn’t eard of it beffor.

He Hog,

I dont know what you try to achive.. a comic style or more real or a mix. If you try to do it more real you need more specular and glossy things at shaders. Also geometry needs some tweaking at the flame looking parts of the mask..The googles shoud be more convex ...more depht to everything.. and details at edges for example. I dont know the comic charakter :rolleyes:. Some bump at the wall and picture with some sharper and smother glossy mix shader could help. Good start :smiley: like it !!

Thanks but it was actually Gleb’s fantastic work which got me this far XD

Here is reference photos of the character

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+talon&safe=off&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uGkIVfvPI8PaUeemg3A&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=799

I was going for a fairly comic look but I wanted to keep it as photorealistic as possible. I don’t quite know what you mean by specular/glossy things do you mean to tweak the shaders. Finally I will take a look at the photo and wall however they will likely be more blurred in the original. Thanks for the help and the great advise James

One thing that I noticed in the google sherch you linked is that most artist are going for 3 color, adding a greyish blue to the yelow and black you are already using. Either it’s in the background or on the character itself, some do both.

Its because the blue will strengten the yelow color theory wise. You may take advantage of this.

Sadly it wont help with the light.