Alpha on Vegitation looks wrong in game

I have a tree in my game that uses textures with alpha on a plane for the limbs and twigs. It looks fine in previewing, (Picture 1) but when I switch to the game, it looks all messed up (Pictures 3,4). Does anybody know a fix?

Attachments

It looks like the alpha blending has messed up. under the material settings try changing the leaves between opaque, alpha blend and alpha sort. If this doesn’t fix it you will have to use alpha clip.

try deactivave the option ‘Receive shadow’ and use alpha clip

One trick you might try, which may or may not help:

In edit mode, select the whole mesh (a), hit spacebar and type ‘sort mesh elements’. Try the different options there and see if that fixes the clipping issues.

Too noob to help. blitz3d have this issue too. Any texture alpha bmp and png will produce weird result(the community address as z order issues). The solution is using any alpha texture with DDS format.

Sorry if didnt help.Thanks

Thanks guys. Deactivating shadows and using alpha clip fixed the problem. Now I can continue working on my game :slight_smile:

The dark zones are cause because they are only planes and there’s only one lamp, use more lamp to reproduce ambient light, or use a script that move the normals to a correct aspect.

The alpha issues are cause because you have to use alpha clip in the material of the leaves.