Organic DNA Animation

Hi!

A few weeks ago, I did post a WIP of my organic DNA animation with blender.

Here is the final result of the animation, rendered with a resolution of 1920x1080.

Hope you enjoy!
Don’t hesitate to tell me what you think about it!

Cheers,
Brice

Hey you did the SW trench run shot, I love that shot. And I really like this one too. Can you tell me about the bubbles they are lovely. Are they just sprees with inverted normals?

I think this is HQ art. It reminded me to House’s disease process’s animation. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot 3pointEdit! I’m glad you like these shots! :slight_smile: bubbles are lowpoly icospheres with a smooth shaded surface. They are given a glass material mixed with transparent mat. :slight_smile:

Thanks JoniMercado! Yes, I did love House’s animations too! And they may have inspired me a lot! I have always found medical animation impressive…

Always a fan of the ‘god light’ thingy, so pardon me if I say that this is one sexy render, love it! Though I can’t help but notice some bubbles just disappear mysteriously :stuck_out_tongue:

I like it. Well done.

Sexy render? Hehe! Love the word :smiley: hehe! Glad you like it syde!
Yes you’re right! Unfortunately bubbles disappear mysteriously… I should have increased their lifetime.

I also was wondering if there were a way to make their size decrease over time, as it is possible with Trapcode Particular in After effects… I have seen it is possible to decrease opacity over time… Animating shapekeys may work by decreasing scale! I’ll try! Thanks for your comment :wink:

Thanks for your feedback m_squared! Glad you like it!

Very nice animation. Reminds me Prometheus - part at the beginning.
Clean work.
Cheers

Very good animation. I would add more DoF and vignetting to give a feeling of macrophotograpy.

Impressive work!

Very nice animation. Reminds me Prometheus - part at the beginning.
Clean work.
Cheers

@CG-Predator: Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile: Yes you’re right! I wanted to try making the sequence after seeing Prometheus! But I wanted something more clear, playing with light and SSS.

Very good animation. I would add more DoF and vignetting to give a feeling of macrophotograpy.

@Birkov: Thanks a lot! You maybe right! Maybe a bit more of Dof and vignette would give it a macrophotography look. I tried it indeed! but it resulted in a harder way to see the growing shape… I will try more Dof in another project :wink:

Impressive work!

@artcoredesign: Thanks a lot artcoredesign! :slight_smile:

Can’t you do that by animating the source of the particles? I’m not entirely sure if they’ll all animate at the same time, or if they’ll animate starting at the point of generation. In my flash/actionscript days, I’d spawn copies of an object and give each one a random lifetime to achieve that. So maybe in python? I don’t know enough about it, I wish I did.

Fantastic work@

Wow, great job!
Can you make a longer animation keeping the DNA growing? xD
And how you animated that bubbles?