Video render producing huge files

Greetings,

when I try to render a video file, that I edited in the VSE, I get abnormally large files.

As an input, I have a film recorded using QuickTime player, outputting a QuickTime file (.mov) with a resolution of 1280x800 at 60 fps with H.264 video codec and AAC audio codec (44.1kHz). This file is about 1GB every 10 minutes, which is equal to 1.7MB every second (MB/s).
Using the same format as output settings in Blender (1280x800, QuickTime, RGBA, video: H.264, audio: AAC) with a quality setting of 100%, I’m getting file that is 22.4 times larger at 38MB/s. If you go down to 70% it gets better, 16MB/s.
It’s still far to much for me to handle and I don’t get how Blender can make a video file that much larger, when it should get compressed.

Other formats have the same problem, either the file is way to large, or the quality is not good at all (mildly put).

There is probably a setting somewhere that I’ve missed, but so far I have not found it and I need some help figuring it out.

Edit: It turns out that the problem lies in its bitrate, at 169Mbit/s, but I can’t turn video bitrate down, only audio bitrate.