Warp drives now

Here is a link to a man who built a warp drive.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX0Nx6Dk8DE

That’s insane. Maybe in my lifetime we’ll meet folks from Alpha Centauri.

I wonder if it has been reported on the news.They should put this on the science channel.It is really great stuff.

--------> bs <----------

Have you did the experiment yourself?

Actually that’s not true. That’s a link to a man who claims that he may be able to build a warp drive in a NOS future.

This is from that guy’s comments to his own video:
“I’m not saying we have an engine and we are keeping it secret from the world. What we have done so far was just to prove the concepts to ourselves using a simple device. Now that we believe the concept is true we can invest a lot more of our time and money to prove it to people other than ourselves, namely the scientific community.”

In other words: He did some flimsy experiment in his own garage which (to himself) seems to support his idea of how an Alcubierre drive might work. Unfortunately most of the scientific community is not convinced - hence no outcry in the media.

Don’t we already know that the folks who live there look like big blue cat people in loincloths (James Cameron is a very scientific type of guy so he must be right)? :stuck_out_tongue:

He said this “What we have done so far was just to prove the concepts to ourselves using a simple device. Now that we believe the concept is true we can invest a lot more of our time and money to prove it to people other than ourselves, namely the scientific community.”
That is enough for me.He had to work with the money and materials he had.Just like rocket engine was made the same way.

Yes, we know. A Japanese proverb warns: “If you believe everything you read, best to not read.”

I would like to know if there was any inducted current in the torsion bar,

second, it’s not real until you can independently replicate it, or I ride in one.

I wonder if the effect they are observing has anything to do with this ?

There be plasma, and EMF in a storm…

Beside why believe in anything before you see it.But if you did that you probably would end up being wrong eventually.People believe what physicists say and they have not seen that.

It has red shift and it affected a torsion bar.Look at the video.

Here is another link to a news website that reported on it.

http://www.ketv.com/news/omaha-professor-experimenting-with-warp-travel/30484788
You don’t believe any youtube that show experiments being done?

If space is being compressed why isn’t the light compressed along with it?

Apparently one of the problems with the idea of warp drive is density. The amount of ‘stuff’ between point A and point B that the craft needs to fly through, all of this stuff adds resistance that needs to be overcome with energy. Now if you were to, say, compress space then all of that stuff between point A and point B just becomes more densely packed, but you still need to fly through it thus you still need to overcome the resistance problem. 16 light years worth of x-rays and dust clouds is still 16 light years worth of crap you need to plow through regardless of whether it’s compressed or not.

Now if the craft were not compressed as it moves through compressed space that would probably add even more resistance because all of that stuff it needs to plow through needs to travel a greater distance to get out of the way. That space ship plowing through it just became the size of a galaxy compared to the compressed stuff it’s shoving out of the way.

So if you compress space distance relative to uncompressed space decreases, yes, but density increases. Likewise decompressing space would lower the density, but end up increasing the distance. Either way you slice it you end up getting to your destination at the same time.

Not sayin’ this isn’t legit, just saying I’m skeptical at best here.

Have you read many papers on warp drives.

And still your first post and the thread title are wrong, as they insinuate that a working warp drive exists right now.

BTW, David P. Pares, the guy in the video, is (from my understanding) a notorious Bermuda triagle conspiracy nerd. That’s where his whole thunderstorm idea derives from: Fly into a thunderstorm in the Bermuda triangle and get “warped” to someplace else… Needless to say that this does not at all contribute to his credibility in the science community.

Well, perhaps a thunderstorm is the only way to create the 1.21 gigawatts to power the Flux capacitor…:stuck_out_tongue:

Why is a lot people quick to judge.Besides you don’t even know the guy.You act like nobody can make great advancements in technology in this time.That just is not the case.

Let’s say I make a great discovery and publish it without peer review. A while later someone finds an application for my discovery and decides to use it only to find that I have made a mistake and my idea does not work at all. By the time the other person realizes that it can’t work he may have spent a lot of time and money to figure out what he is doing wrong, since I claim I can make something work but they can’t. Had I, on the other hand, sent my discovery to be peer reviewed someone might have caught the error before it got published.

This is why all new ideas and discoveries should be challenged, to ensure that the stuff people publish can be trusted.

You could be wrong and he could be telling the truth.Then you will have egg on your face.Would you enjoy that?Probably you won’t.

I didn’t know that you could ‘personally know’ someone by watching the videos they post on YouTube, I always thought you had to meet them in person and get to know them that way (as relationships by way of talking to them via the internet are usually little more than superficial).

So, have you met this guy in person?

Some of you could try to invite him for a demonstration of his device.At a school ,stadium or somewhere public.If it is real like i think it is.He may be willing to demonstrate it.If you pay him a little money.It is his reputation that would be at stake.