Challenge #612 (13/3/15) Entries CLOSED

Theme #612 for Friday 13th of March 2015 is: I want to break free

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 16th of March 2015.

bump…

allright thought of somthing for this going to use an old model i made for refrance. and good luck everyone.:slight_smile:

Wow. This theme might result to intense images.

I anticipate heavy usage of the cell fracture add-on

Just posted this in the finished section as I thought it might be of interest as it’s hopefully a bit different, this is non competing as I picked it, but would have been my entry did it yesterday from scratch all procedural / physics sim / a little bit of coding for random variation and was what made me pick the title as I was planning it in my head, blood cells trying to break free of fibrin, perhaps help get creative juices flowing :slight_smile:
Good luck everyone!

Ummi that is pre-made… no way you made it in 1 day.

LOL, easily done in a day…

Hello,
This is my fast PURE ENTRY: “corporationism”

Hole in the Sky

I know the theme is a Queen song, however, my mind wondered to a Black Sabbath song that I heard was about doing time in prison. From the album Sabotage, Hole in the Sky.

thx Umii :slight_smile:

Here is my non-competing entry:

Extricate

RobertT

I was following the other blood cell thread. I decided to take a crack at fibrins by hand. I modeled a handful of hex ngons, duplicated, prop edited, repeat. Then a wireframe mod, displace, surfs, more disp. The fibrins were modeled in about 15 minutes. I may take another look at the nodes tomorrow.

“Give Blood!” Cycles, 555 samples.

That looks great looks much more realistic than mine, and yet again reinforces most of what I have read that in most cases it’s better to model than run a physics sim like I did :slight_smile:

@robert, amazing as always!
@fcharr I was wondering if we were going to get any queen references, perhaps a vacuum cleaner :slight_smile: looks great tho and can’t go wrong with black Sabbath :slight_smile:
@3dnotguru I really like that, reminds me of an old school communist propaganda poster good stuff!

I tried to be original for once…

Full resolution: http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/The-Escape-520372968

Rendered in Cycles. The hands are from an old project. Some parts were added in Gimp.
Making of: http://flitsart.blogspot.nl/2015/03/the-escape.html

wow guys, really upping the bar here. @umi, using a particle system for your blood cells worked out nicely, and it reminded me of another way to get a similar effect that ztonzy pioneered that involves placing a negative lamp in between your camera and scene.

(Breakout) Pure Cycles 200 PP: Photoshop
Anyone else love this game when they were younger?

here’s my pure minimal entry:
“I can’t break free!!”

Well I had another busy weekend…

Saw challenge… saw contest… saw other pictures… (did not notice instructions…)
New here and somewhat new to Blender, but figured I would put a newbi pic up. Still learning blender and did this in a few hours (and nowhere near the quality of anyone else’s work I have seen on here, it is amazing!), but figured I would post something to contribute.

Bon appétit!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367524[/ATTACH]