2012 airport scene

really nice. I think you should add some particle and smoke effect to really bring it to the next level

I agree smoke and debris would help a lot for the final deal if there is one, better lighting as well. But as this is a test, it looks pretty sweet. What is causing the crumbling though? it isn’t obvious to me, and depending on what it is, might change how realistic the crumbling is. Or am I just overthinking this and this is just a test for fun?
The texturing is nice. Did you find or make the road texture?

It’s a WIP so i’m still trying to accomplish this entire airport scene.

I’m working on house destruction right now and then i will add high res smoke and more effects.

definitely cool!

the thing i want to figure out is how to get these types of sims working with chunks that don’t blatantly look like voronoi shards. someone needs to find a way to add some believable displacement to the objects post shatter then we’ll really be cooking!

I agree. The fracture modifier does come with a fractal shard option, but rigid body simulation isnt as accurate as voronoi shards. It is still being developed so who knows what the biggest outcome will be. Hopefully it ends up being like rayfire or thinking particles.