2.73 nodes?

I started with blender 2.6 then stopped for a while. I want to get back into it so I downloaded 2.73. Going through the node editor I noticed there are a lot less nodes I can add. For instance the entire filter node (blur, glare, etc) is gone.
Are there new ways to get these effects or am I missing an add-on?

Going through the node editor I noticed there are a lot less nodes I can add. For instance the entire filter node (blur, glare, etc) is gone.
No they are not. Ensure you are using the compositing nodes and not the material or textures nodes. Select the type of nodes on the node editor header

This happened to me a lot. I would see a tutorial about materials or compositing with nodes, and when I’d try to follow along, it would confuse me because there’s not much obvious visual indication that I’m seeing materials nodes instead of compositing nodes in the video tutorials. Eventually I learned to just switch node types in the node header, but I bet I’ll forget again in a few months.

It might be a good idea to make the interface more obviously different for matls nodes vs. comp nodes.