Confetti

Hello Artists!

New user here!:cool:

I’ve spent a few hours now with Blender, and watched a couple Blender tutorials on YouTube for creation of stars, and Particle effects. After a couple failed attempts, I was able to take what I learned, and merge them into me Confetti project.

As the tutorials I was watching involved older versions of Blender, I wasn’t able to follow the directions to spin the particles as directed. It took me a bit of experimentation, but I think I came up with a fairly realistic particle effect.

I would post it here, but as I am a new user, I cannot post URLs to the video I would share with you, so instead, you can go to YouTube yourself, and search “confetti 2015 jeff main” and it should currently be the first listing.

Please feel free to provide critique of my efforts on this, as I am open to improvements. If one of the older members here want to post the direct URL, that is acceptable by me.

Now, only 9 more posts to be able to post them myself! :wink:

Jeff

What I did with this is rendered as transparent PNG sequence to bring into Sony Vegas pro 13, and then rendered it as a 720p QuickTime 7 animation mov file with 32bpp settings to provide an alpha channel.

There ya go!

Thanks alot!

Posted an update, but to my google drive account. drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Uui4KWrS9yUzdWd1JtNW9NOUU/view?usp=sharing (not a complete URL to comply with the newbie rules. :slight_smile: )
This is downloadable if you wish to use it yourself.

I tweaked a few settings, and added more particles. I also slowed the movement slightly so that it doesn’t look like its output from a leaf blower.

It’s funny that you just posted about confetti. I had been looking for a way to simulate confetti similar to a party popper and didn’t have much luck. I had to figure it out on my own and came up with this: http://www.freakingamers.com/BOGG/Confetti.blend