Sea Animals 3D Models - Complete Models?

Hey everyone,
I don’t know exactly if someone would ever do this for free but I want to try.

I started to make a new Game a Month ago and some Scripts etc. are already done (at least for the beginning), now I decided that first of all the Map, Characters and everything else shall be finished until I get back to scripting.
And because I can’t model by myself and haven’t enough money for good models I ask in this forum for help.

I would appreciate it if someone with some good skills in 3D modelling would make me some Sea Animals for my Game. And yes, I already searched in the huge Internet for good HQ 3D Models and found some, but not everything what I need is what I want, so I ask in this Forum. Something like a Hammerhead Shark, variations of fishes, corals or some wrecks, like a old plain/boat would be nice. If someone would do this, it would be awesome! Of course we could consider what you get for your work instead of money.

And if someone is interested in this project I would like to save your contact information, so maybe we can work together in the future again.

• xXBWXx

Have you looked at blendswap?

Yes, I did. But I was not sure if I should use it, I don’t want to get in trouble when I puplish my game and earn money for it and I had never the permissions to use some of the sharks. But now I read the FAQ and it says, that I can use it without any problems.
But I don’t want to close this Thread, I still want some cool Models if someone would make them. So I will edit my whole Thread, thanks anyway!

Hi, I made a white shark, is a work not finished, I had problems with the computer, and was still work in progress, for now I do not have a plan to continue modeling. if you are interested I can put the link on pastall.org. But why you don’t use the model found on http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/megalodon-battlefield-4-67390.html
Below my shark model but not rigged and unfinished.

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/84865

Thanks pafurijaz,
your model isn’t bad. But I don’t use Models from tf3dm because most of them are from an existing game (like Battlefield -> Megalodon) and I’m not allowed to use them for commercial use.

You need to look for specific licenses.

You can safely use the following licenses in your game:

• CC 0
  • CC BY

They allow you to use the models you’ve downloaded in your own projects for free, but one requires you to credit the original author (CC BY.)

These you need approval from the original owner before selling your game:

• CC BY NC

The NC basically means ‘no commercial.’ If you see these then you need to ask the original owner first before selling your games.

I’m not sure what the ‘SA’ part of these licenses indicate in these kind of situations. Usually if it says ‘NC SA’ then any derivative project must also display SA (Share Alike.) I just avoid them as well normally.

There’s usually a little dropdown menu as well and it reminds you what the license allows you to do, so if you click on the license on that screen on a model page it’ll give you a hint.

Yeah, thanks a lot for the detailed explanation, will help me in the future! :smiley: