real world scale and camera

I was wondering, if I model in imperial units. and say I make deck that is 20 feet and them a backyard that is like another 100 ft. just an example, does this effect the camera in blender? by this I mean should I stay in default or metric so the camera is not off scale? one of the reason I say this is, if the background isnt going to be in the shot it’s a waist of memory right? but then if its animated the camera will move. but of course the other reason is the scaling on the camera even though. I do plan to blur out the background on some shots in depth of field.

i does not matter witch kind of measurement you use, but the scale does affect lights and materials.
if you are going for a cartoon/anime style, then the scale does not matter as much, but if you want to go for something realistic, then trying to match realistic scales will make the lighting better.

if ur making a car or lets say an enviorment such as a forest, mountain or desert, then you should try to keep it at a realistic scale.

thank you, I have been staying away from lighting and using environment lighting but, either way still need to learn that. as for now, things are coming together slowly but, then again little things like this can make a big difference to.