Tars

I’m hopping to take this project all the way, and this is what I have done so far. I want some second opinions, and I’ll see where that gets me. please leave a comment if you have any suggestions or questions. thanks for your time.

This looks great!

My only comment would be that I feel like it should be a little taller and narrower. It is slightly too wide at the moment.

Will you model it in any different configurations?

By coincidence I also modeled TARS this week :-), so I can assure you that the dimensions are correct.
In short: TARS is 4x8x1, with the appropriate sub divisions.

update:
I know that it usually comes around that no object is perfectly clean, and after reviewing the movie there is a considerate amount of dirt on tars. So I “tried” to add something to make it look a little dirtier. please let me know what you think.

Yes, that is much better!
I ignore the background for now, it is a bit weird at the moment (I assume you are working on it), but the grunge on the surface is much better, more realistic.
I like it how you managed to gravitate the dirt towards the edges of the object.
I added some dirt as well to my version of TARS, but distributed it evenly. I must say the effect you chose works rather nice!

update:
did some stuff (some changes) but I don’t know what to do now. lets me know what you think :slight_smile:

I think you will need to soon replace the background with a properly modeled urban scene (since the perspective of the existing background appears to be random).

I would also note to possibly add roof details, the glow of office lights, variances in the dirt and maybe the color ect… Those sort of things that really add to the image.