How can I parent a rigid body to a rigid body?

Hi everyone.

I made a car using the Vehicle Controller (demo file at the end/bottom of the page) concept.

It’s a “rigid body” chassis, that attaches four “no collision” wheels at run-time. It works pretty good, except for this:

I modelled a “car body” and parented it to the chassis, but no matter what settings (mass/radius/form factor) I try (for both the chassis and the body) I cannot seem to make the car body a “rigid body” (or anything else than “no collision”) : When I press “p” my car flies frantically up like a balloon…?

• Exactly what is the force that makes my car fly up like this?
  • The child’s mass, radius and form factor values should generally be smaller than those of the parent’s, right?

Can you gurus please help me understand what is going on? This balloon thing was fun at the beginning, but now it’s been days (and at least one night)…! :frowning:

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Particles and Physics Simulations”

I’d suggest investigating constraints.

Thanks for your answer, Fweeb;

My approach was stupid. I changed the file so that the chassis IS the (no collision) car body, and parented it to an invisible box around it, and that box is now the rigid body. Parenting a rigid body to another must be reserved for very complex anims/sims… That is not the case here.