Problems with MatCap

Hello everyone.

I am posting for asking you guys help with some issues i have been having when doing matcap on an object in Blender 2.73.

i have tried two different ways to do this and in each one i get different issues. The methods i have used are the following:

1 - Fully create the Matcap material.

First i change the shading mode to GLSL. (1)
Then, i add a new material and i set it to be shadeless. (2)
Then i add a new texture, load a matcap texture and set the mapping coordenates to Normal. (3 & 4)
After doing all of that i change the viewport to Texture and i go to sculpt mode and i get this weird issue. (5)

This happens in any object i’ve tried, even if i recalc normals, add modifiers or anything else i tried. Also, change perspective doesn’t work.

2 - Use blender built-in matcap tool

In the shading area (i don’t remember the name of the panel that opens when u press N) i select MatCap and i choose a MatCap texture from blender. (1)
Then i go to sculpt mode and i hace no issues. (2)
The problem comes when i add a multires modifier and i subdivide the mesh. (3)

Doesn’t matter what i try the issues doesn’t dissapear, i already tried recalculating normals, the problem in this method is the multires.

You need to show us something !

yes, i know, this was posted before i could finish it i don’t know why :smiley:

What is your computer spec and graphics card. If its an old integrated card it may not be capable of showing the custom matcap
Ensure you are using latest graphic drivers
What does it look like in rendered view

Well, in rendered view it looks fine, but i use a laptop with an Intel GMA 4500, an integrated chipset, so, i guess that’s the answer, i definitely need a new machine.

Thanks for answering, is there anything i can do to try to sort this out?

Well, in rendered view it looks fine, but i use a laptop with an Intel GMA 4500, an integrated chipset, so, i guess that’s the answer, i definitely need a new machine.

Thanks for answering, is there anything i can do to try to sort this out?

In File / User Preferences / System you could try changing to one of the other window draw method options

gonna try that, let me see.

nope, it doesn’t work