Hair objects not rendering corectly

I was wondering if someone has any idea what might be going on here?

Rendered:

3D viewport:

As you can see the plants (hair paricles with a mesh) shows up as just a ball during render but looks like they’re working properly in the viewport. If I turn of the children it shows up as one single plant in the same spot during render. This makes no sense to me, so I hope someone here might have come across the problem and can help me out.

Without looking at the blend file, it’s difficult to tell.

Yeah, I’ve looked at it for quite a long time now and I do have some experience with this program. I have 2 other particle systems in this file that are almost identical and they are working fine. This is actually a copy of one of the ones that is working with just a few minor changes. At first I thought it had something to do with the fact that these strands had an armature for animation, but I removed that and it didn’t help. Sorry, but I don’t really feel comftable posting the whole blend file, even though it’s easy to make and just for fun people take this stuff and sell it so. But any ideas would be much appreciated, I’ll check back tomorrow.

Sorry, but I don’t really feel comftable posting the whole blend file, even though it’s easy to make and just for fun people take this stuff and sell it so.
You’re crazy is you think anyone would want to sell anything like that.

Strip out all the crap that nobody is interested in, all we need is something basic like a plane and basic particle system, only as long as it shows the same effect as you’re seeing. A screenshot is insufficient as you’ve cut out important information.

If you can’t tell me what bug is causing this then looking at the blend file is not gonna help, my settings are fine. I didn’t come here to learn how to use the program, I came because there is an issue that can’t be solved that easy. And I don’t need condecending shit from a forum mod that whos site is advertising a $15 tutorial on how to make a simple helmet. If you sell that you will sell anything, haven’t you ever seen the crap on photobucket or deviantart? You’re just mad nobody ever bothered stealing the lame stuff in your gallery. Wow, the Tardis, whats that, like a box with 12 extrudes? The texture and lighting dosen’t even look good, and you’ve been on this site for 9 years? My work is better and way more complicated, and it took me less than 3 days. I solved it anyway, by getting Maya. I love the hotkeys in blender, love the open source and linux support, but it’s just to slow and buggy, and the people using it are rude and useless. No wonder you have to approve every single post, or this site would be nothing but people complaining about your attitude. Now kindly ban me from this forum like the bad mod you are.