Blender export to Solidworks?

Does anyone know if There is a way to export a model from Blender to any of the three formats.
.part
.igs
.stp

I have a model I would like to get into Solidworks, and was told those 3 formats would work.
I have done some searching but haven’t found anything yet. Thanks for any help.

Gary

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”

I’ve had luck getting models into Solidworks by way of STL and (in a pinch) VRML.

All formats you listed are NURBS geometry and Blender for now can not handle NURBS and their export. the only way is to use a polygonal format as STL OBJ etc …

as pafurijaz said, you can export only poligonal formats from blender, and solidworks just will import stl, i am not shure about vrml but probably can because is able to export it. In the open dialog options you can import your file as an static image or make every polygon a surface. Depending of the model you can import as image, but just gona be useful as reference to remodel all with the solidworks tool set. if the model is enough simple you can import it as solid, in this option solidworks will try to convert every single triangle in a surface and then weld it to make a solid. so the approach in this subject is very limited. If you want to have your organic polygonal model in solidworks you must convert the polygonal model in surfaces and then import it in solidworks. If you have the “scan to 3d” module in solid works you can import more polygonal formats and make the surfaces to have a solid. if the model is subd you can import your base mesh and use the Power surfacing plugin . i can give you more recommendations, but a little more data will be necessary.

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it. Fortunately the import to Solidworks isn’t needed any more. Although this was a nice reminder to me not to ‘assume’ Blender can just export to anything.

The .stl works quite well going into Blender and vice versa. I’m finishing up a large project that that we had to do just that. .wrml will work too, but we found it more difficult to work with and gave unpredictable results.