A question about using curves to make meshes.

I’m incredibly inexperienced with 3d but I know my way around 2d vector programs. I’d like to know if there is a way I can create models primarily with curves (kind of like the spin function but for objects that don’t have perfect radial symmetry.)
Here is what i’ve been playing with. Say I want to make a dog’s head.
I know what the side of the head looks like.

I know what the front view of the head looks like.

With a few more paths, I can import the svg files into blender and make a basic wireframe.

Is there a way for blender to fill in the gaps between edges with a more complex wireframe? I’ve played with spin and with the curve modifier but I haven’t had much luck with either.

grid fill tool in the mesh >> faces menu. also check out b-surfaces add-on.
(edit) also, in order to get the right number of vertexes in your fill section, and keep them nice and even, you can use the vertex slide command. I think it is shift V

Thank you so much. Aligning the vertexes is proving to be more challenging than I anticipated. I think I’ll just learn to model through more traditional means. I’m sure I’ll find a use for this trick in my modeling though.

As Modron says. Have set of curves as one object (creation order matters, Reorder command seems to not work) and in no time you could have your curves bsurfaces skinned…Curve points does not matter - see sliders on T-panel after create surface. You need mesh object Shift selected after Curve object (several Joined as one object) and be in Edit mode to create surface.