Blender for interior design

I googled and couldn’t find an explanation which pleased me.

Well I’m doing my project in sketchup (I’m pretty new to that too) however I manged to do a lot with planning and designing my home, however I’m trying to achieve as much as possible with my project and as sketchup do a really fast work with walls and so on however I fail a bit with curved things as it always need some certain of plugin so I wonder how good and how easy is blender for interior design? and how good will it look the in final render? could it do something like sketchup+vray? as I planned to buy sketchup+render software buying a render software for blender won’t be a problem I guess.

thanks in advance.

Google: interior design in Blender, then click on images.

Blender is quite good even for interior design, BUT:
it is not easy - if you have troubles understanding sketchup, you will have much more troubles understanding Blender. Blender is much more advanced and tho also much more difficult to learn.

I find sketchup easy however it cannot do even simple curves without specific plugins

Well I’m doing my project in sketchup

Not a good choice.
My cousin pays me to do all her (architectural) work in blender, right now. (she did it in SUp).
I’m an old SUp user as well, never come back to SUp. I had enough.
I’m still using SUp just to clean up the mess (before exporting), my cousin created using this ridiculous application.
Spending all my time… I thing, I have all the rights to call SUp a ridiculous application. Sorry.
After learning blender, (or any other decent app), I was able to create some clean modeling in SUp as well. But, what’s the point? I can directly model in blender. Preserving the appropriate precision, I mean.

that’s what I mean. I’m happy with my results just in a week with sketchup but coming to more complicated forms you need plugins not a big issue however you need to know where to search for one.
seconds reason what brought me to blender is, I read that sketchup doing bad with big files and you should keep everything minimum details, even adding some round corners and so on never had any problems with it slowing down significantly. however downloaded scenes felt much slower. So is there a reason to move to blender? and how well it will perform

I have added a render which I’ve done in sketchup took me around 2-3 hours at max (was carefully going threw tut), how long such scene would take to create in blender? (as you see there is no many details) but I would add them

also I would like if someone could answer, why some renders with cycles looks so realistic and yours looks good but not as expected, is it caused it’s fast rendering? or?