Animating a moving curtain...like on a stage set.

Hi i have been looking around the ‘tinternet’ to see if their are any tutorials to actually animate a moving curtain opening. I have checked out the Cookie site and the only one i can see is a static curtain. Although I have followed this tutorial and love the final result i am having problems getting my head around animating it

During the creation process it sort of animates the curtain as it generates it and that is almost exactly what I was looking for. I also would like to flip the right curtain to the left and have it look like a scene set with open and closing curtains.

I hope this is understandable.

Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction. I know its going to be really difficult but I would love to get the effect to wow my audience.

Thanks in advance

Here is a basic curtain opening with a cloth sim, I made this in 5 minutes. Make sure youtube is in 1080p settings.

That was a brilliant idea

I was expecting hours and hours of tutorials. Thanks for your help
really appreciate it

You’re welcome. The blender cloth simulator is designed for exactly this kind of sheet cloth, and makes easy work of it.

It would also be common to add a solidify modifier to the stack (below, or after) the cloth simulation to give the curtain some thickness, and probably you would also add a subsurf 1 or 2 at the very end.