I'm a noob, and I got a question about materials (colors)

So I know not alot about Blender, basically you may as well treat me like a damn 1 year old lol, anyway simple question I’m making a few sphere’s that I want the top and bottom to be black, and the middles to be different colors, as well as glow in the middle, so one would have a red glowing middle, one would have blue so forth, later I plan to animate them and stuff, anyway, I have both sphere’s as a whole color…one is completely red and one is blue…

I want the top and bottom black, however when I select each face that makes up the top and I go to materials and make a new one, I choose BLACK however its white…? So whats going on here?

(Again try to not use fancy terms and jibber jabber lol)

Multiple materials http://cgcookie.com/blender/2010/06/15/tip-adding-multiple-materials-to-a-single-object/

For further support please supply a link to your blend file and an indication of the problem.

The fancy terms and jibber jabber are what we use to communicate clearly. Without those terms we’re reduced to trying to read your mind (or at least your intent) and try to guess what to say that you might understand as an answer. Learn the terms.

Welcome to BlenderArtists :smiley:

well, in plain terms and with no screenshot or blendfile to properly assess the issue all i can say is you’re probably doing it wrong… :wink:

Is this what you want ?.

Looks perfect, @ramboblender might not be in cycles. (cycles is the future though)

Oh, nice noodle, ramboblender. I’d like to see a robot made out of that material…