Help regarding texturing for video games

Hey there blender artist community. I have a couple of questions but first let me explain the situation. I’m making a town for my game and the game is a 3d sidescroller. It will have some perspective to it but it might feel 2d the way I have the camera setup. The thing is I modeled 7-8 different houses/buildings and they all seem to share some similarities. Some are shaped different but I believe I can still possibly use similar textures for them. I am using Unity 3d and it makes my image file size(in memory I think) more than what the actual image is which sometimes its a bit too high. So I need to find a proper way to make textures look good but not take up so much in memory.

NOTE:all buildings and assets are in separate .blend files and all separately UV mapped with no texture yet. Would appreciate some direction thanks.

My Questions:

-Should I use a texture atlas for all of my buildings if they will reuse some of the textures?(all buildings in different files)

-Should I make each texture individually and just import them that way with a proper resolution?

-If I’m going to texture for other assets, would you recommend using a texture atlas for those as well?(Eg.Barrels, crates, rocks, trees, fountains, weapons, ect…)

-How would normal mapping work if a texture atlas is used?