scaling a displacement texture

so, i find it very stange that you are unable to scale the texture from the texture properties. you can with some textures such as voroni, but not with wood or marble, witch is what i need now.

the scale of the plane is 1km^2, cause im trying to keep it the same scale as it would been in reality. but the displacement seems to devide every time i increase the subdevitions. im using a mulit res modifier by the way…

this could also happen if the displacement map is waaaay too small, and adding more subdevitions just dobbels the details every time, but i cant even subdevide it that many times to check it.

well my qusetion is, how can i controll the scale of the displacement? i know i can mess with the scale of the object, but that will also mess with materials and textuers. is there a way to controll the displacement texture only?

the size option only controlls the size of the noice in the texture, not the scale of the texture.

What if you apply scale for object and use UVs in Displacement ?

the plane is 1:1:1 scale.

Texture > Mapping > Size

Juhaw that works for materials, not displacement. as far as i know. but i forgot i could add several UV maps for individual purposes. in this case i could use a own uv map for the displacement. thanks to eppo. :slight_smile: