Having troubles getting the mesh I need of a pulled curtain door

For my upcoming Submarine Simulator game I need those doors you close with a curtain kind’ve like a hospital for some of the rooms, but I only need a static model of them in the fully opened position (as if someone had pushed it all to the side and its all clumped up)

I’m really having a hard time figuring out how to do this with the cloth sim I’ve been trying all day with different force fields and settings but cant get anything decent looking. I only need one frame so I can get a static mesh.

Does anyone have one they can share, or any tips? I looked on blendswap to no effect. I’ve been trying shape keys and everything.

Pretty much exactly like this. I REALLY REALLY dont want to model it by hand. http://www.ukcurtainsandinteriors.co.uk/acatalog/Kent%20Door%20Curtain%20Natural.jpg

This is the best result I’ve gotten by first modelling the general shape on just a subdivided plane with proportional editing and then applying a wave modifier and some cloth sim with the top verts pinned at full strength to get some wrinkles but nowhere near perfect. Also this is going to be used in a game… could I do this with a normal map with ndo2 or something? OR heck even a displacment map with a gradient for the wrinkles? Getting the shape in the x and z axis is easy… the wrinkles in the y axis not so easy.

It is 7000 tris but I’m sure I can decimate it no problem.

Would paypal a whopping 20 dollars to anyone to model one for me lol.

I look to Andrews Prices towel models for inspiration in but I dont remember going over how to make them in the course, just how to append them (Architecture Academy: Bathroom) How are they so beautiful.

Edit: I found a video in his collection that shows how he makes curtains (not the towels) gonna try it out and see if I learn some new stuff about cloth simulation. Flags and blankets are so easy…

Made it very quickly, it’s just the basics. Hope to be helpful :slight_smile:

Yeah basically what I was trying. Will follow it step for step later. You sound like me on my Blender channel. You could make income off that.

Thanks.