[REQUEST] 3D Bust of myself

Hello!

I’m looking to have a 3D Bust of myself to later be 3D printed.

I am just looking for estimates right now; however, if you are interested, please link me some of your previous work!

Thanks in advance!

Edit 1: it does not need to be textured, but does need to be very detailed.

Edit 2: here are some reference photos for the level of detail id like to get

Why not post pictures and let whoever stumble into this page think about it?

Or at least give them the motivation of about how much you’ll pay them.

Hi.
So you want it for 3D printing?
What kind of budget have you planned on it?
Something tiny like this (7cm) http://puu.sh/ghJ8U/62482c615a.jpg
would cost around 20€ to print.
Printing the example you’ve posted would be several hundreds if not over a thousand.
Modeling and sculpting also wouldn’t be cheap.
You can try 123d catch and see if you get any decent results first though.

I mean, the sculpting of this wouldn’t be an issue but your lack of posting a budget puts me off quite a bit, I need to know what you think this service is worth to you (excluding printing costs as that should be handled by a third party such as shapeways) in order to determine if this is even remotely worth my time, to get a high quality print like the ones you want we’re looking at AT LEAST 12 hours of work, most likely a lot more (there’s a lot of finish involved).

As for the 3D printing, shapeways can print that level of detail (And you’re probably best off using a company that specializes in printing once you’ve successfully had someone make the model as they will have gear that far surpasses consume end crud) however actually making the sculpt will take a fair amount of work and will not be cheap.

A few notes on your references, the delightful sculpt my Mr. Adam Fisher (the one of Tywin Lannister) would not print well, the majority of the skin detail would be lost either during the printing or during the polishing, however I don’t think you actually meant that you wanted that level of detail (I assume you meant the macro detail and not the micro detail, skin pores are micro but wrinkles and whatnot are macro).
Further I assume you’ll provide high quality reference imagery as needed, otherwise the work will be a lot harder (and in extension cost you a fair bit more).

Edit: With “wouldn’t print well” I mean that all the tiny detail like pores would be lost, stuff like wrinkles would be intact though.

Edit 2: As for Nikkru’s post, the estimate for printing is sorta off.
I know shapeways will print something of roughly 1061 cm for about 8 dollars, more than half of Nikkru’s suggested price.

Nooope, I make a lot of stuff for printing and use Shapeways, so I have a pretty decent feeling for the prices in different materials. In the cheapest plastic it’s the right price, since, well, I printed it http://puu.sh/gj0os/d4e7b700fe.png
(It probably would have been cheaper with the old pricing system)
And it’s hollow, it would cost a bit more if it was solid.

Plus 10€ for shipping.

It’s pretty safe to estimate that the price will grow by the power of three if the size is increased (in each dimension) so if you double the size, it’ll cost 20€2³=20€8=160€ so the price will grow very fast.

And I also agree with the others, if there is no budget, it’s hard to estimate a quote if there is no picture of yourself.

As this is fishing for estimates and not an active job offer, it qualifies as deferred payment. So I’ve moved it from “Paid Work” to “Volunteer Work”