"Old Church"

Feedback very welcome!

The textures are excellent! Did you make them yourself? The only thing I can notice is that the mountains seem a little bit low-poly when the picture is viewed at full resolution.

Thanks, IJ! I used multiple textures from CG Textures each one with a different vertex group after some pain-staking vertex painting. I do see what you mean about the mountains at full res.

Great feedback! Thanks very much!

DOP and mist! Please put this in the image. I feel it would give a more interesting look to the still render. But thats my opinion. Great image I love it!

Thanks, Johnny. Good suggestions. I actually attempted mist by surrounding the mountains with volume scatter but I didn’t quite get the result I wanted. The problem I had with the real “mist” approach was I wanted to keep the sky unaffected. Any suggestions you have are more than welcome. Thanks again!

The tree is very good! And the image itself too! The church seems a bit too squared, though.

Thank you, Lell. I do see what you mean. Maybe a bit of “warping” would have added to the affect. Good eye.
Thanks very much for weighing in. Much appreciated!

Hi Dale

What a stunning pic, would like to see you work on the roof though.

Could not help myself :smiley:

Shaun

Too funny! Nice mist, Shaun! The roof could definitely be better. Thanks for the feedback!

Reminds me of The Walking Dead series :wink: nicely done!

Why didn’t I think of that??? It’s the only show I get up from the computer for!! Maybe it was subconscious.
Thanks, artcoredesign!