Make light pass through glass material in cycles?

Hello! I’m really sorry if this has been posted before, but I’ve been looking everywhere for an answer, without luck. I need an answer as quickly as possible.

What I’m trying to do is a simple scene with a window with three glass panes in it. I want to make the light from outside the window go through the glass panes and land on the floor. The problem I’m having is that the light for some reason isn’t able to go through the glass material. So how will I be able to fix that?

Thank you so much for any answers! :slight_smile:

There sure are more ways…

Check your settings…

Properties Panel > Render > Light Paths > Set Transparency and Bounces to something other than zero…

watch this tutorial…

[video]http://blenderdiplom.com/en/tutorials/all-tutorials/419-tutorial-absorption-in-cycles.html[/video]

Thank you so much, eppo! I used the pink method and it worked great! This is what i made:

A very simple image for a school essay about passive houses. :wink:

@eppo

Hey eppo… how are you getting your Lightpath node to srink down to just show ‘shadow ray’ and ‘gloss ray’ ?

when I ever I close down mine my node it doesn’t show any of those it only shows ‘light path’…

what’s the trick to get it to close down like you have there?

in the bottom menu of the node editor, node>>Collapse_and_Hide_Unused_Sockets! :wink:

edit: Or better: CTRL+H :slight_smile:

@Secrop Thanks for the head’s up on that!