What was the last movie you watched?

Hey all! What was the last movie you watched! And what dd you think of it?I last saw George Cukors 1944 Gaslight (Yes, I love to watch old thrillers :p) What did I think of it; Definetly enjoyed this one, some great actors in it. My only crit would be the ending… I think it could have ended slightly better. But an all round great thriller!

Post away! :wink:

Sabotage - Alfred Hitchcock (1936)

Just saw Mockingjay Part 1
I thought it was boring, pointless, and generally not worth the time. I liked the lighting, a few musical cues, and the acting was not terrible despite the rather uninteresting story, but in general the filmmakers missed every opportunity to make interesting political commentary, create unique scenarios, or at the very least tell an exciting story. And yup, three films in and handheld camera still looks terrible. The few good (if rather predictable) plot twists were undermined by their lackluster presentation, and I left the theater wondering why it took 2 hours to tell a story that could have been 30 minutes. Sound system in that theater isn’t great so I can’t really say much about sound design.
On the bright side, I saw it for free so that’s always nice.

Oh yeah, that was the one in England wasn’t it? What did you think of it?

Disney’s Fantasia 2000. I rather enjoyed it, but I think I prefer the Fantasia before it.

Earth To Echo, (kids movie) pretty epic though… kinda like ET.

I think the last movie I saw was A Bug’s Life…yeah it’s a Pixar Disney movie but, it’s my dad’s and one of my favorite animated movies. I remember I had the PlayStation video game of it when I was like 6. Ah memories :slight_smile:

That looks interesting! I might give that a try!

I watched Wild Card and it was all about using aces and cards and fit role played by Jason Statham.

Just watched the new robocop,

Graphics were good, characters were good,
just felt a little different then the original,
but I liked it.

Just saw “The artist” 2013
Incredible movie! It’s made like an old black and white film! Really enjoyed that, and I would recommend it to anyone! :slight_smile:

I just watched Exodus: Gods and Kings, fun movie!

Just watched ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ on DVD which I had purchased last year. I found it rather funny. Lighthearted entertainment.:slight_smile:

Just finished watching it with the family a couple hours ago, and I completely agree with you.
Was well-made for the most part, but the story went nowhere. So little goes on, it’s blatantly obvious they purposely divided it into two part for the $$$. Barely anything changes from start to finish!

Fortunately I don’t normally go into modern-day movies with a serious attitude, so I ended up getting loads of laughter from it.
The thing that I found most funny was that the Axon Character looked exactly like Steven Thoen off of American Idol. The rest of my family don’t know who he is, so they must’ve thought I was crazy when I couldn’t stop laughing at the resemblance…

I did watch the original Star Wars trilogy about a week or two ago, now THOSE are some great movies.
Also not really recent, but I watched Wreck-It Ralph back in January. I totally recommend it for those who haven’t seen it yet. Quite the special little movie :]

I hear it was a good movie. Was it really that good?

Just watched “The Wind Rises (2013)” Hayao Miyazaki’s latest film.
I recommend it, of course.

I’ve been meaning to watch that.

I just watched Maze Runner with my teens. I fell asleep.

We recently watched Furious 7 in the theaters. At times, I did feel the action was a bit over the top, what with cars and all parachuting down from an airplane and what’s more, landing with just a small bump onto the roads thousands of feet below them! But still, I must say it was super-entertaining. Loved the ending of the movie too - the way Brian O’Connor and Dom Toretto share one last ride down an open highway - a fitting tribute to Paul Walker.

The last movie we watched on DVD at home was the DreamWorks production How to Train Your Dragon 2, much to the insistence of my son who is forever playing the dragon games related to the movie. We had watched the first movie as well when it released back in 2010 but I found this sequel more entertaining. The relationship between Hiccup and Toothless, his pet dragon is so endearing that it’s almost real!

I just saw Herzog’s Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972). It was quite interesting, though I didn’t enjoy it as much as I’d expected, since I knew it is rather legendary. The final scenes were fantastic, and the monkeys will stick in my mind for a while. It’s annoying to read subtitles on visually appealing films, but I appreciated what I saw of the landscape around the river. Quite a depressing film, overall, I thought.

Koyaanisqatsi. Great music, great cinematography, wonderful concept. Seen it several times, quite thought provoking in my opinion.