Muppet Self Portrait

Hi everyone,

I decided to learn some fur and hair simulation so I setup this little project. 

5 Likes

Here is the wireframe of the model. It’s pretty simple and straight forward.

1 Like

I like it! Wish to do something alike. You’d make a background more “muppetish” somehow (theater curtain?).

Hehehe awesome!, I guess I’ll copy your idea and make my own puppet-self :smiley:

You did a really great job with this! It looks just like… well, a muppet! :smiley: I agree, a background would be nice.

puppet factoid: flocking ( the furry surface of miss piggy ) is applied by covering the surface of the foam with tiny hairs, and then using electro magnetism to make them stand on end. kermits skin is some type of fleecy cloth.

Hey do you have a video showing the process of how you modeled the character

I don’t, but I just used cubes with a subdivision modifier on them. Then adjust the scale of the cube and add edge loops to control the roundness/sharpness of the cubes.

I know this is old but I just recently entered the world of blender coming from Maya and I have been dying to learn how to create muppet hair using Blender. Are there any ways how to can share tips, tutorials, links to documentation, or your own workflow on how to achieve hair like this in Blender. I would really appreciate help from the community.