Easy Game Addons

Update: With many beta tests and feedbacks, I am happy to announce the software is finally out of beta!

For the past few months, I’ve been working on a Blender addon that streamlines some of the BGE asset creation process. The idea is to take the boring part out of the process by helping people setup the most common tasks, cameras, lights, basic assets.

The addon is available from the Blender Market

Q & A:

Q: Why do I have to pay for this?
A: Making it paid means I can continue working on this to make it even better in the future. Additionally, art of the money goes toward the Blender Development Fund to further improve BGE.

Q: Who is this addon for?
A: Anyone who wants to create content in the BGE. This addon is designed to help them do things faster. (You still have to have a basic understanding of the BGE, this is not a ‘make-a-game-wizard’.

Nice work!

I have been working on my own assets,
Do you have drag and drop camera and player rigs?
weapon systems?

environment control systems? (open door, press button etc?)

Again good plug-in. I think this is like third good plugin that I find and again it’s paid(of course there are also some good free ones like Build game, but this still doesn’t change fact so I don’t get most of the best plugins).:confused:

More will come soon. The challenge is to make these things all work together, and in an intuitive way.

My addon is GPL, so the source code is available online. I think that’s enough said. :stuck_out_tongue:

Big update coming tomorrow!

Thanks a lot mpan3 :slight_smile: I’ve been using easy material, quite handy :slight_smile:

Out of Beta! With 50MB of asset added to the addon!

any chance of a dynamic lighting manager? (deletes all lights and adds empties and then populates only the closest X lights?)

This is a great suggestion. The challenge is to find a way to nicely present all these functionalities to the user. There are a lot of things I can build, but I also have to draw the line somewhere.

Anyway, will think about this…

Regarding the particles are you planning on adding things like fire? Will you make a demo video showing how to use these?

I will update the video to show the particles. But it’s really just a matter of click ‘Particles - Smoke’ to load the asset and then change the Game Properties to get the result you want.