[Addon] Renaming object tool

Hello,

I have done another renaming objects tool, but this has the particular feature that it can respect the selection order.
You can change name, replace some part of the name and add suffix and/or prefix.
I am not developer, I have only made some tools to improve my workflow with blender so if you find any bug, please, let me know and I will try to fix it.

If you need it, can download from here

And here a short video explanation

Greate Work!!!
Do think about the ability for renaming the mesh data, too? > see UE Tools Addon
For exporting it is sometimes better to have the same name in both.
by the way: thx for sharing

This looks like a very useful addon. Throughout the course of a project I make a really strong effort to keep every object sanely named and everything in the scene correctly organized, but some times stuff slips through or time constraints make me have to skip the procedures and these type of addons come to the rescue.
I’ve gone through a few similar ones, including the official built in one, and they never have the right combination of features and simplicity I require, but this one seems to be the closest I have seen. That find and replace seems really powerful, gonna have to give it a try one of these days.

Thanks for sharing it :slight_smile:

Thanks to both :slight_smile:

Yes, I thought add that feature before releasing it because of I realized when I export a obj to max, it is much better have the same name in “Object” and “Data”. I will add this feature and I was thinking about it works over groups as well, let me some days and I will update the script.

Wop!! I have never seen the UE Tools Addon! Arg! it works perfectly hehe.

Anyway, I have added a button at the end of the script to copy the Object name to the Mesh data name. I was doing the same behaviour than UE Tools (you could select where affect the renaming actions) but I have realized that I have never needed to change the mesh data name, only copy the object name… so now it is only a button to make them alike.

Cheers!

Great script! Has been very useful for me. Thanks.

thankyou very much for this :smiley:

Thanks to you, hope it is handy :slight_smile:

I perceived that the copy name to data only works for mesh objects!
It is possible to copy the name for all objects and also the materialname to object and data, too?

Could check out my improved item panel and batch namer, has a very handy batch copy name operator to do just that, link is in my signature.