First Scene For Critique

Trying for a low light after dinner scene.
A compilation of three or four tutorials that has been a learning experience.
Any critiques that would help me improve going forward would be appreciated.

wine_table_03.blend (4.84 MB)

Hello stevx. A really good start here. A couple of thoughts. The back rest on the booth needs some dimension, some contours as it were. Looks uncomfortable as it is. I would use darker textures. I think that would help to set the mood you are looking for. Keep going, you’re doing well.

Elsdon good call on the textures, I made them darker and then was able to increase the world lighting a bit and came out with something closer to what I was looking for.

Try turning off the backlight behind the lattice, lowering world lighting and adding a spot lamp directly overhead shining down on the bottle and wine glasses, leaving the plates and napkins in the dark. I think the bench back looks uncomfortable because it is too vertical (and maybe too close to the table). Try slanting it back a bit.

Thats a very good first scene you rendered.

The wine in the glass is missing some surface tension and maybe some glycerine as most wine have a thin oily liquid over the wine. No clue how to do the double quality of liquid but there is some tutorial that explain the tension surface. I used one recently to add some liquid in pots bottle on one of my char and I think it’s a pretty good tutorial for this purpose.

Androol thanks for the link fixed the surface of the wine.
Orinoco I added a spot which I like, makes it easier to control the lighting.

thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

I preffer the last one. You can add a bevel modifier to the “sqares”. The wine look like pink wine.