Can someone check these scripts for me?

Can someone check and see if these scripts will run in the latest build of Blender?
This is a 2.66 Blend file.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/34689

There are two scripts on this blend.
I would like to offer these up as resources if they’re worthy.

One is a bullet damage script that was originally written by Raider for 2.49.
Raider should get full credit for these.
I modified it for 2.63. (I’m not a very good Python coder, but I did my best)

The other, is a way to select pickups, (rather then use a near, or collision sensor)
The player can choose which pickups he wants. Based on Raiders script.
This is for a FPS. In the style of the game “Dishonored”.

I would test them myself, but I don’t have a PC that will run anything higher than 2.66.

Use the Keyboard “A” & “D” to move the camera side to side.
The cube in the middle is the enemy. The other 2 are pickups.

MMB to pickup items.
LMB to shoot.
(center the camera on the cubes)

Thanks.
Mark

It works with collection, shooting works too, but it shoots nothing(visually).

but it shoots nothing(visually).

Right, it casts a ray, instead of using Add Object to shoot bullets. Or, did you mean no smoke trails, or muzzle blasts?
If so, I would leave that up to whomever uses it, and whatever gun they use it for.

I also used it for 3rd person shooters, and the enemy rifles, I just parented the Empty (BulletAdd) to the rifle. And modified the script for for 30 bullet mag, 50 bullet mag, whatever. Also changed the gun shot sound according to the type of gun.

Thanks for checking it out for me. :slight_smile:

When I shoot, nothing happens except disappearing enemy and playing sound. None effects at all…

Yeah you’re right. This was just a quick and dirty primitive blend to see if it would work in 2.7*

I’ll work on adding some eye candy, ie, bullet force, bullet holes, muzzle flash, etc. before I post it in resources.

Meanwhile, if anyone finds it useful as is, have at it. Change, it modify it, whatever.

Thanks again. :slight_smile: