armature pose mode

Hi
my anim is ok in blender but exported the pose mode changes to the armature are ignored. Any ideas on what’s going on?
Thanks

Exported to what? In what format?

For X-Plane using the older scripts for 2.49. What could I be doing wrong? The arm is parented to another armature.

No idea what could be wrong, because really, you’re not providing much information. At first, you didn’t even mention what software you were exporting to.

So now, your last post is confusing as well:

OK, exporting to x-plane, got it. Using older 2.49 scripts - This tells me that this is a 2.49 project for 2 reasons. First, because the version of python blender uses changed from blender 2.49 to blender 2.5 and above. 2.49 exporters won’t work in current version of blender. Secondly, the animation system had a major re-write from 2.49 to 2.5. Chances are, if your using the current version of blender and loading it into blender 2.49, it won’t work because of the changes in the animation system.

The last sentence really just don’t understand… Arm parented to another armature… So is the arm controlled by 1 armature and parented to another armature? Or is the arm controlled by 1 armature and that armature is parented to another armature? :confused: The words ‘another armature’ implies you have more than 1 armature, so how many armatures do you have??? :confused:

So confused right now, that I think I need to lie down and think about pretty pink ponies and rainbows till this feeling goes away… :spin:

I know what x-plane is, never used it, but I think it and blender would be a great match. I would assume there are export addons for current blender versions that would work without the whole 2.49 stuff.

You might want to post this at an x-plane forum, providing more information so users might be able to help you…

Randy

I gave up as I found what line in the exported x-plane object to change. Probably some weird bug in the export script for Blender 2.49. The newer script for 2.50 and newer Blender is even worse. :no:
Any expert in python scripting, the latest scripts:

could be improved. Would be great, thanks