young lady

this was a rather quick project, took me about 4 days. the base sculpt of the lady was done in dynatopo, then goz to zbrush, refined the lady, and added turban and flower sculpt. also painted the colors there and posed her. then goz back to blender. here i added the 8 hairsystems (feather, flower, hair, brows and lashes) and created the net effect on the turban and the finer net effect on the flower via wireframe modifier. clothsim also done in blender. render, of course, cycles, and vignette in photoshop… i hope you enjoy

and, since it looks so cool, here is also the ao render:

wow, today is raining of inspiration or something? what quantity of excellent works I’m seeing today, and you aren’t the exception doris, I like much her eyes, hair, and specially her hat!

It all comes together beautifully. Wonderful work Doris and I hope to see this one on the row.

Stunning portrait! Definetly worth top row! Five star!

Really beautiful Doris - I think this is my favourite image of yours. Feels very real - I keep being drawn to her eyes. Top row for sure.

Amazing!!!

Very cool how one’s perception constantly switches between “ah, its a painted (or wax?) statue!”, and “ah, its real!”

Amazing Doris!! Incredible. Sculpting perfectly capturing a real human expression, modeling perfectly complementing! I also like how, at least in my interpretation, the background curtain has been set in order to frame the subject. :slight_smile:

thank you all so much! it means a lot to me :slight_smile:
yes, the cloth, the folds i wanted them fall in this way for composition. had to run the cloth sim quite a lot, to get them fall right…maybe it would have been quicker to just sculpt it… lol thank you again, your feedback makes me happy

Very beautiful work again doris. Great sculpting and colors.

I’m not sure about the background though. I know you (and Matt) like it, and that’s all that matters. I find the horizontal line that goes right behind her shoulders somewhat distracts from the image. It seems to say “Look, what’s behind the curtain?”

5 Stars from me.

Very cool ! Beautiful woman and your degree of sculpting is always nice :slight_smile:

And i give you 5 stars too, you deserve it !

Keep it up, doris !

Great Render/sculpt Doris! As tyrant said, it all comes together very well! 5 stars from me!

ryeath, "“Look, what’s behind the curtain?” … yes, this is what the horizontal line is for…it explains her expression, does it not? … it is not meant to be just a pretty image of a beautiful woman, but can be taken for that if wished :slight_smile:

again, thank you all. and for the many stars :slight_smile:

very well portrait. nice work well done.

regards,
Tejas.

***http://www.facebook.com/tejasyadavart

Great work, Doris!

Really good stuff.

The pose and expression makes you wonder what she’s looking at/thinking!

The only thing I can think of that might improve it would be SSS for the skin.

Portraits are something strange. I consider myself to be decent at drawing and painting, but I’ve only ever managed to do 3 portraits I was happy with (I’ve been painting for about 50 years now)

You have a talent I would be happy to have.

thank you everybody… signguy, there is already quite an amount of sss in the skin, with a different lightning you would see it more. darker skins do not show the sss effect so much also.

Doris, wonderful, very realistic skin shader, perfect modeling, you are doing
again incredible improvements!

thank you, marcolorenz, this is a wonderful, and very inspiring comment :slight_smile:

Looks nice!
the only thing for me is popping straightaway is what she is a bodybuilder girl :smiley: (and I dont think you intended to show this)
but looking at her trapezius muscles she defently lifted some weights before --and has big muscles at the back :eek:
anyway I like the hat and the face)