Achieve this texture?

Hey,
I have modeled and uv unwrapped this model of a fan. Everything is finished but now I have to actually give it its texture and materials. I have always fell short when it comes to textures and materials because I dont really understand how the professionals do it. Anyway I need to start somewhere so I am starting by asking this question here. Here is a picture of the material I am trying to achieve:
http://www.growland-hydroponics.com/bilder/produkte/gross/Honeywell-Turbo-Fan-HT-900.jpgWhat would I call this texture? Where would I go about finding this texture/creating it? What kind of node editor for cycles would I need to setup? If someone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks guys.

Here’s a step based approach to creating a base material.

High resolution version on dropbox
(Dropbox is scaling it too, you should download it to see correctly)

Shrunk down to fit BA’s file limits:

@Photox
I downloaded the short tutorial you made for me and I was impressed how simple it was for you to create such a detailed material. I finished the fan now and I believe it looks fairly decent. Thank you very much for your help!

It looks really good. A touch of well placed bump can send a material to the next level.

IMO the bump may be too strong, and the roughness too high. The outside is heading closer to fake leather. I would turn bump strneght down a little of lower the roughness a bit. But who knows, that’s just to move it toward the reference material. I think the fan would be awesome if it was softer on the outside, just they rarely are.

Adding a small amount of text/logo can help sell it big time. A black and white mask used to mix two node setups is pretty straightforward.