Very First Render

I am very new to Blender and I want to get into the Blender scene. I’ve modeled a few things here and there but I’ve never composited and finalized a piece before. I would like some honest feedback on what I am doing right or wrong as far as lighting, modeling, compositing, materials, etc. Thanks :slight_smile:

Good start, but I think it is mainly lacking in composition. Everything is focused into the middle of the picture right now. You can give it depth by putting things in the foreground and background, and mix up the angles, and positions of things. I realize this is a test scene of sorts, but I thought I’d throw that out there.

Thank you for your feedback, I will definitely keep that in mind for future works :smiley:

Awesome for a first render!!!

The balls look like they are lit from within, rather than reflecting an environment? No idea how to correct this. I’m better at commenting than at correcting.

More definite shadow under the bowl (or less global illumination in general) would sell it better for me also.

Awesome again!

Not too bad. I think you went too far with the bokeh effect, and the compositon is fairly ordinary. I’d suggest cutting back on the effects, and playing with the lighting. Also re-arrange the balls, a single visible layer of balls, all at the same level, is kind of boring. Make a pyramid or put one ball on the table or something. Make the balls different sizes…

The materials look good. The wood texture might be a bit large scale, take a look at it with finer grain, it might look better. You can get furniture with grain like that, but it’s generally a veneer, rather than solid wood. As long as you’re making it up, why not make it expensive? :wink:

Welcome to BlenderArtists :D. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.