BGMC15| ALL GAMES PACK- Voting!

Hi everyone!
You can download the pack with all games included from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4745lt7s73ahbsx/bgmc15.rar

There’s also a PDF file with links to all the games that were finished in time and some notes about voting.

I hope everyone had fun!

New:
People who took part in the contest get 100 points to spend on voting. Those who didn’t but still want to vote can do so with a pool of 50 points.

When voting, please fill in the following form and send me a private message:

[TABLE=“class: grid, width: 500”]

Game:
Designer:
My Score:
Blender

Mini Robot Soccer
Blender Jones

2.72 (2.73)

Mechatronic
Thatimster

2.72b

X.A.N.D.E.R
Fredstash

any

KWAKTROID; The Kwakening
Nines

Planet Smasher
Battery

2.73a

Kaily –The Canceler
RockyMadio

Robo lad in the Lab
Wallmaster

Rogue Bot
cPulsoni

Uranium Blood
adriannetlis

2.73a.

[/TABLE]

(I hope I didn’t misspell any of the games or names…)

You’ve got a pool of 100 points to spend when voting.
You can’t vote for your own game at all, so that’s about 12.5 points average for each game, but there’s no upper limit to how much you can award to any one game. You could give all 100 points to a single game if you wanted.
If there’s a tie at the end, we’ll put it to a public vote for the top ranking games, but I don’t expect that to happen again! :slight_smile:

BGMC15_ALLGAMES.pdf (342 KB)

Voting will finish either once I’ve received all the votes or Next Wednesday, the 4th of March.
Good luck everyone!

Quick question: I literally just uploaded my bug fix version, did I get that in time to get in the pack?

Edit: Ah, just read your post again and noticed there’s no download pack. That’ll teach me to skim read!

Yeah, I provided a link to the thread of each contestant’s game.
If you’ve got any updates make sure they’re posted in the first post of your thread or they might get missed.

Anyway, good luck!

I think you should give the version number of blender in that pdf file, which our designers used for their projects, since most of us mentioned about that in our threads. Otherwise players wont be able to see all functionalities in the game if they open the blendfiles in wrong blender versions.

So wait, I can’t vote? AND there’s no games pack? Well that sucks :’[
I’ve been deleting the files after I was done with them, anxiously awaiting the games pack. Is it a bandwidth issue? Can some other kind soul upload the games pack?!

If I get chance later today I’ll try and put a pack together, provided I’ve got space to host it somewhere and no one beats me to it. I think community members should be able to vote.

Did people who didn’t enter vote last time? I didn’t know about that.
I still don’t know if it’s really a good idea to restrict voting to only competitors…
How about allowing a pool of 50 points for non-competing blender artists? I really think people who took part should have the biggest influence on who wins, but I do want to reward other people who played all the games and want to cast a vote.
Hmmm… I’ll edit the PDF and 1st post to reflect that.

I’m going to upload the All Games pack after all.
23 minutes remaining…

This starts to sound good, ha, ha!:slight_smile:

Did people who didn’t enter vote last time? I didn’t know about that.
I still don’t know if it’s really a good idea to restrict voting to only competitors…

There weren’t many voters, I’d say half were devs and other half were from the community.

How about allowing a pool of 50 points for non-competing blender artists? I really think people who took part should have the biggest influence on who wins

That works!

OK, done! Let the voting commence!

every game uses a different version of blender… don’t you think you should all work in the same version, think about it, you could make one standalone game with all of them playable!

cheers!

This might work for some of the games but for my game exporting was broken as only the overlay scene would remain visible. Maybe next BGMC we could make sure everyone uses the same version of Blender to make the game, so that we don’t run into this issue next time.

It would be nice if we could get everyone using the same version of blender and then use a single launcher to launch each blend in the pack from a central location. But in reality the BGE is a bit wonky right now with some of the more recent fixes and bugs having a big effect on how some sensors and actuators work.

Some people prefer the old behaviour and some don’t. It’d be impossible to force everyone to use the same version. I myself use 2.72 as i think 2.73 is buggy and has no new features that I need.

Maybe the next version of blender will have some good BGE stuff, enough to hook people so BGMC16 can make a single launcher.

Dude, 9 entries? Sweet. Good job there guys!

That would be a cool idea, if 2.74 isn’t too buggy. As you mentioned though I also prefer to use later versions of blender also just for stability. Hopefully this won’t be too much of an issue with the upcoming release as we have the extra developer working on BGE.

I use 2.72 and 2.73a so I can report bugs.

All the games works for me on 2.73a, at least I think so…

anything with a rigid body joint will fail in 2.73 a if you delete 1 object.