Standalone Fullscreen Resolution Stretching

Hello all,

When playing my game in standalone and at player defined resolution (full-screen enabled). If the game res is lower than that of the monitor it will just scale down and not stretch across like a normal game.
Is there a fix/solution for this?
Or have I done something wrong and stupid again? haha.

What I need to know is how to make the game stretch to fill monitor even though it is an insufficient res.

Screenshot: (Sorry I just did this quickly with print screen key, issue is on left.)

It does not look like you enabled full-screen (Rendertab/standalone Player/Fullscreen).

That is set to full screen (Note how it is borderless). Whatever res it’s set to it sits itself in the top left.

This is however player set resolution so it is not necessarily that size as the game starts.

A possible solution is if there was a way to fetch monitor resolution. Any ideas for this?

If I enable Fullscreen without enabling Desktop it switches to the Videomode with the set-up dimensions and goes full screen (at one monitor).

If I enable Desktop it keeps the current resolution and goes to fullscreen at one monitor too.

I guess that is how it should work. At least that is what I expect.

Maybe there are some incompatibilities with your GPU? I really can’t tell.

GPU: NVIDIA DeForce GTX 980, drivers all up to date.

The game is launched windowed by default. It then reads a logged settings file and updates everything if it is different to the current settings. The player then can also switch fullscreen on/off from menus that updates the logged settings file then the same update process happens.

I noticed that if I launch game in fullscreen at lower res it does stretch, but then when changed (smaller or larger) the same stretching occurs it’s just scaled across the same stretch. Then noticed an anomaly where set back to it will start popping across different monitors.

Ok i fixed it, yay!
But now another weird thing has started happening.
When I bring it down from 1920x1080 fullscreen to 800x600 fullscreen. My monitor stretches correctly, but the game itself then goes completely over onto the 2nd monitor! What is left is a stretched 800x600 image of my desktop on the 1st screen and a 1920x1080 game running on my 2nd (because it doesn’t want to be 800x600 so it ran away from that screen?).

Has this happened to anyone else before? What is the solution?

How are you managing to change it from fullscreen to windowed while the simulation is running?

bge.render.setFullScreen<i>(True/False)</i>