Closed for the day

Funny thing I wanted to try my hand at doing a video tutorial on creating low poly buildings like the one in block and brick in the center of the image. I was having problems with Blender and focusing on the tutorial. I ended up finishing the scene but not the tutorial. The dumpster came from Blendswap user oday007 the trash cans from OliverMH. I model everything else myself. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

I’d say you are off to a pretty good start. The brick work looks good.

But that said, the very first thing that caught my eye was the cloned windows and doors. This really detracts from and distracts the viewer from seeing the scene. Windows are consistent throughout a given building, but on closer examination one notices subtle differences in each.

I’d also either move or remove the trash cans from the building in the background. Remove one, dent them up a bit, reduce the shininess. They all look brand new, which is out of character from the cardboard ( I assume cardboard ) boxes in the foreground.

Mix up the notices on the two doors. They might share a posting or two, but they wouldn’t all be the same and in same spots.

I liked the graffiti in the background. Great touch.

Thank you very much the windows were victims of my frustration I original had three sets. I never thought about the trash cans at all. the boxes are card board by the way. Thank you for your input. Maybe I can mustard up the confidence and try it again . Thanks a bunch have a blessed one.

The scale doesn’t look perfect. For example, that garbage can looks mis-proportioned, aka it isn’t of a standard size, it looks fat and or tall. Slight errors in proportion, like the assumed ceiling height in comparison to the door height, etc. Fixing some or all of these issues you can find in the scene, will make even low poly results look way more realistic without sacrificing performance. Otherwise, it looks really good, your texturing is spot on quality wise and even the scale and proportions of your textures is looking quite good. Obviously your missing shadows (building shadow on the ground, etc.) but I figure that is coming later.

Yes, I agree the scales are not quite right. It looks more like a model than a realistic rendering. The bricks on the upper wall are too small, for example.

Hi newart2000, is like a fort - the card boad boxes in the forground arnt’ soft, watch the gloss flow especialy with a forground dorf. Is levels of detail that can be node(ed) through texters in composit, not that I have. Use the brush:)

Sofen the nice barrel. Maybe to (crt)j