Buying a new GPU, do you recommend your card?

Hey!

I’m going to buy a new GPU for cycles and PC gaming in general. Currently I have 650ti 1GB and it’s good, gaming wise but it doesn’t cut butter in terms of rendering. The main problem is the VRAM I can’t even render basic architectural scenes with it due to the memory limitations.

So I am wendering (c wat i did der), do you recommend your current GPU? What do you think would be best for my system and my needs?:

I7 3770k normal clock w/ h60 closed loop water cooler (@100% doesn’t go above 68 degrees Celsius)
Sabertooth Z77 mobo
8GB (2x4gb) 1600mhz RAM
ASUS 650ti 1GB With about 50mm-70mm overhanging heatsink, doesn’t touch 60 deg

I have about $800AUD+/- to a spend (approx $630USD). But I wan’t to get an SSD so let’s say $700AUD

I wan’t at-least 3-4gb VRAM and it has to be NVIDIA (for CUDA, unless???)

In most case I’ll leave my monitors plugged into my 650ti and render on my new GPU so I can still use my computer smoothly, but sometime I’ll want to play metro or arma 3 with with better settings and higher framerates.

I have thought about render farms, but I think not, as internet bandwidth may be an issue for me in the future.

Thank you

(sorry if this kind of question is common / in the wrong section)

What are the different models for? I.e., what do you get? I only want it for blender, not for games or video or anything like that. On Amazon there is the GTX 970: US$ 329.99, GTX 970 ACX 2.0: US$ 329.99, GTX 970 ACX 2.0 FTW: US$ 369.99, and several others (8 different EVGA GTX 970 models on Amazon). What do all those acronyms mean?

Edit: Found some explanations on Amazon in their Q&A section; the questions change depending on which model you’ve selected. The ACX 2.0 seems like what I’d want; better cooling and it’s the same price as the vanilla plain jane GTX 970.

what you want if you plan to add two or more cards in your sistem and render on GPU is prefer reference design coolers

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. That’s what I was guessing.