Let's try some architecture.

Latest:

Next project, gonna try a little architectural project. If it turns out good it will be very handy for my portfolio and improve my chances to find a job in the 3D sector here (not many jobs, but a few in arch vis).

Ofcourse, I’m not an architect, so my “design” might not make much sense. Anyway, here we go.

Step 1: blocking it out and testing some basic colors/materials, just to see how it looks. When i’m satisfied, I can move on to the real work.

So please, let me know what I can improve in the shapes and colours, or if anything doesn’t make sense. Cheers!

My own thoughts so far: the stairs could probably use some more divisions to get smaller steps and in the middle there is probably too much glass coming together.

Finished modeling the forms of the house (the garden and plants are for later)

A late update with a lot of textures finally applied. Also added my new grass (still needs work). I left the windows very reflective for now because i don’t feel like modeling the inside (yet), gonna see what I can get away with :stuck_out_tongue:

Going to call it quits with this latest result, feedback is still appreciated :slight_smile:

Double post.

Standard riser height for stairs is around 180 mm* (I know because I’ve made plenty of them :D). You can use that for any future work and it will look right.

House generally looks ok. It’d be possible to build it, which is handy for making it convincing. Vertical perspective seems exaggerated. Doesn’t feel quite right to me. Maybe a different lens size?

*If you want to know, 180 is the usual upper limit. Required height is just split evenly to keep risers under 180.