Segmentation Fault Error (core dumped) NEED FIXED FOR BGMC 15

So now I’m trying to fix up my game for the BGMC compo before the end of the day.

I’ve spent the last hour or so messing with my blend file. But now, about 60% of the time I hit Play, blender crashes to the desktop and gives me this dreaded Segmentation Fault error.
Here’s the dump file

This is making work on the blend file very frustrating, and I’m sure it will result in a crappy experience for anybody trying to play, if this problem persists.

I need to fix this before the end of the day! Anybody know what’s going on here??

You need to find out what’s causing the error before you or anyone else can fix it. Usually the best approach is to remove parts of your game (objects, code, etc.) one at a time and check to see if the crash still occurs. You should already have a good idea of what might be causing the crash since you should know what you added to the game just before the crashes started occurring. Keep stripping things down until you have the bare minimum amount of stuff that can cause the crash to occur, then you can start figuring out how to fix things.

I was hoping there would be some clue in the dump file. There are not enough hours left in the day for me to sift through everything like that.

I may have to just bite the bullet, and let people know they have to try re-starting the game if it crashes on start-up.

Before i put it in the bgmc pack tonight I’ll have a quick look and see if it’s something I can fix. It could be related to text objects. They always give me the most trouble…

The dump file only shows the full list of operators you used for that session until the crash, though I do see a lot of font object use in there.

Perhaps it might be that the BGE becomes unstable when you have tons of font objects, but I can’t say for sure.