Umii' s Sketchbook

My WIP thread was a mess this is a vain attempt to save it by putting other stuff here :slight_smile: hopefully I will look back at some stage and see improvement as I learn Blender :slight_smile:

HDR Tests

Link to HDR Woodland - flat lighting

Example jpg don’t use this one :slight_smile: use the HDR file from the link :slight_smile:

Example render flat lighting but that’s how it was as you can see from the backdrop but the reflections look really cool!!

Indoor scene daylight and artificial high dynamic range

It comes out a bit darker than others I have used have to pump it up to around 50-100 to use it or add a curve but it looks balanced as I do that I’ve been running with 2048 map resolution and multiimportance settings in the world settings.

Don’t use this JPG use the link above!

Example Render

Boots!

more rigify pitchipoy blender testing very much wip and learning! merged cartoon eye tut from blender cookie into rig.

Teaching myself clothing, well trying :slight_smile: first low detail trousers, need to add stitching wrinkles seems etc. and sort material and rig it, well ok most of it but have made a start got to start somewhere! I’ve done mainly hard surface so far apart from the female mesh I’m working to. Not used to not having mirror on :slight_smile:

my weekend challenge #611 enttry
challenge - 3d Graffiti
~4 hours to model and texture the whole thing just as rendered in cycles no comp or post.

Realised I hadent updated for a while, general sketches and learning blender

Blend for eggs

Blend for barbed wire

Frozen style shader test needs 2.74 uses pointyness

Weekend comp entry,

blend file if anyone interested, just rough and ready as was doing it in a hurry for the weekend which is the point I guess :slight_smile:

Hi…:slight_smile:

Impressive work you have here…7 -8 -9 caught My eye… I really like 12. The horse is very well done and the setup with the ballerina
is cool.

Tai

Thanks Tai! only just saw this feedback, much appreciated! I’m keeping a list of my weekly challenge entries and other bits and bobs when I do them so I can hopefully look back in years to come and see how far I’ve come (or not :smiley: )

Last weeks,

Bad Hair Day Come good

Evolution of troll, rightly or wrongly this is how I seem to end up doing a lot of my modelling even the more complex hard surface stuff I quite enjoy throwing a bit of sculpting into the middle I find it gets me thinking more about what I want it to look like without worrying about the topology then just add that quickly after but then I’m focused on how I want the topology to flow. A bit long winded but I think for me it works out quicker in the end and I get a better result.