Freestyle generates an empty SVG file.

Hi,

I have a piece of machinery I’m trying to generate an isometric view of.

I’ve checked the “Freestyle” and “Frestyle SVG” checkboxes, but the SVG file only has 143 bytes.

It works fine on the default cube mesh.

Are there some setting I should be looking at?

Supple an example .blend file and .svg file for review

Attached the .blend. Thanks.

The svg won’t upload, it says “Invalid File”. 0002.svg.zip (703 Bytes)

Attachments

model.blend (742 KB)

Cool, thanks hugely!

The model is generated on an AutoCAD clone (IntelliCAD) as 3DFACES and imported into Blender.

So I need to remove the double vertices? How do I go about rationalising the normals? There shouldn’t be any n-gons as the 3DFACE entity has a maximum of 4 vertices.

The pump sucks from the trays causing negative pressure to draw moisture though a fabric belt.

The pump itself is roughly correct, but I’ve fudged the motor: yours is far more impressive; where did you get it, if I may ask?

No ngons… well, i guess i saw some…Now, on the second check this could be something due to some non existent faces or my sudden moves ;). As to the objects, i’d say cleaning up takes more time than creating this from scratch in Blender. In general, i had to remove all material thickness to later add Solidify mod.
Pump, i was not sure about it’s desired forms so i just got first image available from the Net and did some extrusions…Guess mine is wrong then if you need air suction. Just cut the motor off and place where fit.

I can probably sort out the double vertices quite easily by writing my own DXF import script as all I’m handling are 3DFACEs.

The inconsistent normals is another matter, though. I thought blender meshes used normals projecting towards both sides of the face? Or at least had the option to do so.

Blender does it’s own thing on normals as soon as you jump edit mode. If there are non manifolds this might be the reason why. Tube fittings and segments did look awful geometry wise anyways.