blender 2.73a UV Map layers

I am having trouble with the uv map sets/layers keeping their selection sets when moving between them both blender render and cycles, i have watched tutorials and followed along, it works for them and not me. i have tweaking to do.

blend attached now.

millix2.blend (812 KB)

Not sure how we are supposed to diagnose this without seeing the .blend file or at least a screenshot of your node setup? Right now you’re hardly supplying any relevant information at all, I’m afraid.

here is the blend.millix2.blend (812 KB)

yes post a blend file… if you can’t do it directly here on BA… jump over to

http://www.pasteall.org/

and note that they have a special .blend file upload button in the upper right…

upload there… then come back here and post the pasteall address where you uploaded your file…

i made an edit, the blend is now attached in first post above.

A.
You didn’t pack the texture files into the .blend (File > External Data > Pack All Into .Blend, then save again). Sorry, should have pointed that out earlier.

B.
I thought this was about using different UV maps on the the same mesh? Either I am blind or that mesh isn’t UV unwrapped at all?

i’m not to worried about textures, i just want my uv map layers to work right, assigning color at this point is alright

here is the packed file: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/34664

Okay sorry for being slow to getting back to this…
looking at your file…
my suggestion is to not use UVmaps to separate out these things…
rather simply create separate Materials and “assign” the particular materials to the faces you wish them to appear on…

Unless I’m missing what it is your wanting to do with this…

on second thought on this it occured to me that at least in cycles it can be difficult to get “layering” with your texture maps and your UVmaps…

here’s a good tutorial…

it’s a bit dated… use the UVmap node instead of the Attributes node… but all else is applicable…
for instance you need either a Black and white image version for your images going on top to have an Alpha channel …
or you need an image (.png) that has an alpha channel connected with it…
if you don’t have the alpha you will only get one layer completely covering the other one…

another thought occured to me that might be tripping you up…
is image Tileing… that is using an image on top but you don’t want it to tile continuously accross the whole object…
best way to prevent this is to plug in a Vector Mapping node between the UVmap node and the texture node…
set it to use ‘Vector’ (as opposed to texture, point or normal) then check the boxes for Max and Min…
Max should be set to 1.0 and Min 0.0…
that should give you only one copy of that image per UVmap…